Integral Blue, LLC is currently seeking an experienced Utility Staking Technician that will be responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating of underground utilities including telecommunications, electric, power and cable systems. This includes taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, properly marking the location, completing the necessary paperwork and photographing each locate. The Utility Staking Technician will be responsible for collaborating with contractors and consultants to ensure damage free excavations and troubleshoot difficult locates.
This position will work out of our Madison Heights, Michigan office and will require regular travel to locations throughout Michigan’s lower peninsula. Some work in the upper peninsula and out of state may be required.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions; outdoor experience preferred
- Must be able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be computer proficient
- Must be able to analyzes construction plan sets, as-built drawings, schematics and interconnect drawings of electrical and communication systems for the purpose of determining the presence and location of underground utilities
- Must be available to work overtime and some weekends (as needed)
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate required
- Must pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Must pass background checks
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
- Previous experiencing with utility staking principles in various contexts
- Previous experience with Utility Staking Equipment
- Utility Staking Certification
- Previous experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Engineering Technologist certification or degree
- Competitive wage compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision group benefits options
- Short Term Disability option
- Company paid Basic Life \ AD&D and Long Term Disability coverage’s
- Supplemental Life \ AD&D insurance options
- 401k with match of 50% up to 6% of annual income
- Education assistance
Please visit our “About” page to check out our updated Vision, Mission and Core Values!
Interested candidates may fill out the web submission form on this page and upload their resume -OR- email their resume to email@example.com with “Utility Staking Technician” specified in the subject line.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer