Integral Blue, LLC is seeking a Jr. Systems Engineer that will be responsible for supporting Sr. Systems Engineers and Project Managers with the delivery of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) maintenance projects from network monitoring and device troubleshooting through system re-design, mockup, testing and deployment. The Jr. Systems Engineer will also work with and direct Field Technicians in remote troubleshooting and repair of systems and devices.
Integral Blue’s mission is to provide turnkey Intelligent Transportation System services by working collaboratively with our clients to advance transportation safety, mobility, and environmental sustainability. Candidates should thrive on working for a dynamic, growing company that embraces the latest technology and tools to constantly improve how we execute on projects and serve our clients.
This position will work out of Integral Blue’s Madison Heights, Michigan office.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a related field with technical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Authorization to work in the US
- Must pass drug screen and physical exam
- Must pass background checks
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, SCP, ACSE, CompTIA, etc.)
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Certifications
- Fiber Certifications
- Wireless Certifications
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP)
- Review, assess and respond to trouble tickets and work orders submitted by clients relating to system and device failures.
- Work with other Systems Engineers to support network health monitoring and device status checks utilizing network monitoring systems.
- Assist ITS Technicians with network related troubleshooting and any network configuration changes necessary to support ITS maintenance initiatives.
- Assist ITS Technicians with remote ITS device troubleshooting and configuration changes necessary to support ITS maintenance initiatives. Devices may include but are not limited to closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras, digital video encoders (DVE), dynamic message signs (DMS), vehicle detection systems (MVDS), ethernet switches, firewalls and cellular modems.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairing video wall systems that may include issues related to hardware, software and networking.
- Perform project specific engineering related to wireless radios, fiber optic cable, network engineering, and IP device integration.
- Maintain existing and develop new engineering deliverables including but not limited to equipment integration plans, interconnect drawings; communication network diagrams; IPv4 and IPv6 addressing layouts; acceptance test plans, equipment configuration plans; and as-built plan sets.
- Attend internal and external project meetings.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems including video display systems, camera control systems, traffic signal systems, video distribution systems, dynamic message sign systems and connected vehicle technology.
- Knowledge of Road Weather Information Systems including environmental sensor stations, atmospheric sensors, pavement sensors and bridge deck warning systems.
- Knowledge of IT engineering guiding principles and practices, including Layer 2 / Layer 3 network design, data throughput capacity analysis, network security, and leased / shared communications mediums.
- Knowledge of IP networks (IPv4 and IPv6), routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, Point-to-Point (PtP) and Point-to-Multi-Point (PtMP) radios, cellular modems and cable/fiber ISP modems
- Knowledge of Internet TCP/IP protocols such as DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET, FTP, TFTP and SSH
- Knowledge of Internet UDP protocols such as RTSP and multicast traffic
- Knowledge of Routing protocols such as RIP, BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- Knowledge of Layer 2 loop prevention protocols such as RSTP and ERP
- Familiarity with general IT concepts and tools including Windows, server environments, and how to perform basic troubleshooting
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering Process (SEP), including the V-Model of systems engineering
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and Visio
Soft Skills and Personal Ethic
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively, cooperatively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients and others
- Ability to present complex ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage and prioritize many tasks with multiple project managers, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to recognize and leverage existing resources, including tools, materials and colleagues
- Ability to walk users or field technicians through step-by-step processes and procedures with patience and accuracy, both in person and over the phone / remotely
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Good problem solving and analytical ability
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good documentation habits
- Tact and discretion, especially when interfacing with customers
- Emotional intelligence and empathy with both coworkers and clients
- Interest and excitement regarding new and emerging technologies and how they can be best leveraged for the public good
Integral Blue, LLC provides a competitive employment package which including:
- Competitive wage compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision group benefits options
- Short Term Disability option
- Company paid Basic Life \ AD&D and Long Term Disability coverage’s
- Supplemental Life \ AD&D insurance options
- 401k with match of 50% up to 6% of annual income
- Education assistance
Please visit our “About” page to check out our updated Vision, Mission and Core Values!
Interested candidates may fill out the web submission form on this page and upload their resume -OR- email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ Jr. Systems Engineer ” specified in the subject line.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer